Cygwin Newbie Question

david sarraf david_sarraf@hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 20:33:00 GMT 2003

Hi, I have installed Cygwin a few times over the past couple of days. For
some reason, The /home and /dev directory, and the environment variables(eg.
PATH)do not get set up properlly.

When I use startxwin.bat at least the PATH variable is set up. Also for some
reason the .bash_history file is in my c:\ directory, even though I
installed cygwin in c:\cygwin.

For now I have manually created the home directory and set the path.
I would appreciate any pointers on how to have the installation go
smoothly/where it is possibly going wrong.

Dave