Rsync - Can't transfer files bigger than 1383275520 bytes

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com
Tue Mar 25 23:09:00 GMT 2003

Cygwin itself is currently limited to 32 bit file access, though
I can't say whether or not this is a contributing factor to
your rsync issue.

Larry

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Christian rsync@dinator.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:25:02 -0400
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Rsync - Can't transfer files bigger than 1383275520 bytes

Hello,

I can't transfer big files. In the output below, you can see that rsync only
transfer 1383275520 of a 5448046592 bytes file:

F:\shells>rsync -e ssh -avz ./backup chris@myhost.com:backups
chris@myhost.com's password:
building file list ... done
wrote 114 bytes  read 20 bytes  3.01 bytes/sec
total size is 1383275520  speedup is 10322951.64

I've tried with other big files and rsync strip them to the same size, so I
recompiled rsync to support large files but I failed again:
sh ./configure --enable-largefile --prefix=/usr

In the output you can see:

checking for broken largefile support... no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no

Is Cygwin able to handle Large Files??, Any idea?

Regards,
Christian