vim quits and cygwin window contents not restored

Elfyn McBratney elfyn@exposure.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 00:36:00 GMT 2003

> It used to work for me, but a recent update has caused it to cease
> working for me, too. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which--wasn't there an
> ncurses update recently? Perhaps when it's convenient, I'll try to back
> up to see if that makes screen restore start working again.
>
> One other thing I've noticed is that "less" restores the screen but Vim
> doesn't.

FWICS (acronym alert: "From What I Can See" :-) there is no difference. I've
been switching libncurses and ncurses and I don't think anything has
changed. Perhaps a change in the termcap?

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk
www.exposure.org.uk