Added setup.exe to User's Guide

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 03:46:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 08:54:11PM +0100, Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) wrote:
>  Suggestions for wording changes/expansion of the text.

I believe most of your suggestions assume that the user has little or
no knowledge of Unix. I'm operating under the assumption that most new
users have knowledge of Unix and will already have run into things like
\r\n line endings, man, info, etc.

> -- 8< --
> >Local Package Directory
>  Append something like the following to the paragraph:
> There are circumstances when it is useful to use the cache as "local package
> directory" for installation on another system than the primary one.
> This is currently NOT directly supported by setup.exe, but can be achieved
> in a number of ways.
> Information regarding this has yet to be gathered here. Currently it is
> spread out amongst the postings on the mailing lists, especially the
> "cygwin" list.

Huh? Install Cygwin on one machine. Copy the cache to a separate machine.
Install again. This will work fine, as long as you choose the same mirror.
To what sort of information are you referring?