Added setup.exe to User's Guide

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Sun Mar 23 02:53:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> I have made an attempt at documenting setup.exe here:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html>
>
> Veteran setup.exe users, please read and comment.
> Thanks!

Joshua,

One thing wrong I see right away is the statement that for a single-user
workstation, the "Install For" option doesn't matter.  This has been the
source of numerous complaints on the list when people set up Cygwin for
"Just Me" and then try installing sshd (or any services) - there are no
mount tables for LocalSystem.  I would correct the first two sentenses of
that paragraph to something like:
===
	If you have enough privileges on the system, it's always better to
	install for "All Users".  The only reason to install for "Just Me"
	is no write access to the HKLM registry key or the All Users Start
	Menu.
===
And leave the ntsec reference intact.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune