Invalid compiler error

Tron Thomas tron.thomas@verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 19:02:00 GMT 2003

I wrote a simple program to test an open source library I am planning to
use in a development project.  I want the project to be supported on
different compilers, including the GCC compiler included with Cygwin.  I
have been able to successfully build my test application using the
Micrsoft and Borland compilers.  When I try to build the program with
the Cygwin compiler, I get a compiler error related to a header file I'm
including from the library.

Here is the error message I get:

#if with no expression

This is the line of code that is apparently causing the problem:

#elif _WIN32

I don't see why this should be causing a problem especially when the
other compilers build without any problems.  I use -DWIN32 in the
command line arguments I used when I build the application.

Has anyone seen the type of problem before (I search the mailing
archives and didn't find anything)?
Can anyone offer any suggestions about how to resolve this issue?