Bleadperl on Cygwin with threads, 1 Test fails

Thomas Pfaff tpfaff@gmx.net
Wed Mar 19 13:47:00 GMT 2003

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Thomas schrieb:
>

>>Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>
>>>Hallo perl5-porters,
>>>
>>>successfully builded bleadperl with threads the first time,
>>>many thanks to the Wizard of Perl!
>>>

>>I was able to build perl 5.8.0-1 with threads that has passed all tests
>>by disabling perls internal malloc. With the perl malloc the embed test
>>has failed.
>

> You could build perl-5.8.0 with threads?  I thought the 5.8. pumpking
> fixed it just some days ago?  Have you patched the sources?

No. I took the cygwin perl-5.8.0-1 sources, configured and build it
OOTB. It should build with the current cygwin dll. Do not try an older
one, the latest cygwin dlls contain a number of fixes only to get perl
with threads running. Mostly they were pthread_key and fork related.
I had some problems with pthread_conds (some tests failed erratically)
which are fixed in the CVS repository. The fixes should be in the next
cygwin release.

> The embed test failure looks not like a problem with threads to me too,
> lets wait for answers from the perl5-porters.

Maybe.
I noticed that the embed test has failed, debugged and recognized that
the test failed due the perls internal malloc problems. If i remember
right it was a segmentation violation. After i disabled perls malloc all
tests have passed. I never build perl without thread support.

Thomas