[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.21-1

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 08:49:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 06:02:22PM -0500, Rolf Campbell wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
>>available for download.  As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
>>
>>- Fix setsid problem where processes did not correctly detach from a
>>  console.  (Christopher Faylor)
>
>I commonly run a compilation from within GNU Emacs.  I've never had any
>problems with this until I tried running 1.3.21-1.  I think it has to do
>with the changes to the console handling.

Yeah, and isn't it a *shame* that when I suggest that people should try
a snapshot, they never do?  The only way I have to test new features is
to release a new version of cygwin, apparently.  And, then listen to the
complaints.

It's an imperfect world.

I'm looking forward to seeing someone debug what the problem is here.

cgf