100% CPU Usage when starting Win32 process through cron

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Wed Mar 12 23:18:00 GMT 2003

* Sudheer Tumuluru (03-03-12 21:51 +0100)
> Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> * Sudheer Tumuluru (03-03-12 04:46 +0100)
>>>         I have a Win32 process which runs fine from the cygwin bash or
>>> Windows command prompt. But when I try to put it in a cron job, the
>>> process comes up and freezes the machine.
>>
>> cron version? What "Win32 process"? OS version?
>
> cron version 3.0.1-7. Please excuse me for not sending the cygcheck.out earlier. It is
> attached this time.
> This is a native Win32 application written in C++, compiled using the VC++ compiler. It
> is a console-based application with no GUI component whatsoever. Windows OS version:
> Windows 2000 Professional Dual Proc Machine. Identical behavior on Single Proc machine
> with Windows XP Professional.

Your OS is uptodate and this indicates that it's Cygwin related.

This is what I noticed:
Your TERM should be 'cygwin' unless you're using rxvt, but it's
'xterm'.

You should update your Cygwin installation - at least Cygwin itself
and bash. Best is to update everything.

>>> Is there some environment setting I am missing that is causing this problem.
>>
>> So what is your "environment setting"? echo $CYGWIN
>
> echo $CYGWIN gives "ntsec".

Mine is "binmode codepage:oem glob:ignorecase ntea ntsec smbntsec title tty".
Try this or try at least adding tty.

Thorsten
--
 children under the age of 18