rxvt icon replacement

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Mon Jun 30 15:52:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Robert R Schneck wrote:

> > Is there any chance that the rxvt icon resource could be changed to
> > something a little more aesthetic?  IMHO, the current icon is quite
> > ugly.
>
> It's not too hard to change it yourself; just download an icon editor that
> can change icons in .exe files.  I used the shareware IconCool to change
> my rxvt's icon to be the Cygwin icon.
Or.. get the source package, find the icon file and replace it with the
one you want before recompiling - no binary hacking required.

Actually, as this is open source software and thus you have (access to)
the source, the usual way of customizing your software is exactly like
this: "Use The Source, Duke!".

HTH

rlc

FWIW: the icon files are in /usr/src/rxvt/W11/wrap when the rxvt source
pack is installed. The README for Cygwin tells you how to build it all.
(I must say, though, that I've never actually tried building rxvt
myself..)