Determining the location of a Cygwin installation

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Fri Jun 27 18:30:00 GMT 2003

luke.kendall@cisra.canon.com.au wrote:

> We have a .bat script to run setup and the local post-install script
> for lots of extra tailoring. Much of this can also be found at my
> personal web page:
> http://members.optushome.com.au/lukekendall/xwin-network.html

Looked at your script. Like many people you assume that the end user
will a) read your documentation and b) go through a few manual steps of
unpacking and executing the resulting script. I was looking for
something a little more automated as I have learned over the years that
given any distribution of even computer professionals, about 70% of them
will not read the directions nor perform any manual step until and
unless it becomes a problem (at which point you're called over to do
they thing for them!).