Memleak Apparently Attributable to Cygwin Setup

dan.hatton@btinternet.com dan.hatton@btinternet.com
Tue Jun 17 14:09:00 GMT 2003

I've tried the "extreme patience" suggestion.  After 2 hours of installing, Setup was still on a2ps, and total memory usage had reached ~2GB, although setup.exe was only admitting to being responsible for ~14MB of it.  I think we can conclude that this hasn't worked.  Next, I'll give the "latest sparkly version of Setup" suggestion a try.

One for Dave, who seems to be experiencing exactly the same problem: did this first arise just after installing Microsoft's cumulative patch for IE6 service pack 1?  This, and maybe a couple of other MS patches, are the only things I can think of that changed on my system, between Setup working and not working.

--
Ta
Dan