PostgreSQL 7.3.2 restart issue

Ken Dibble kdibble@alltel.net
Mon Jun 9 13:57:00 GMT 2003

Jason Tischler wrote:

>PostgreSQL 7.3.2-1 may have been built against an older cygipc, please
>try the latest version, PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1.  Does it work any better for
>you?
>
>Jason

 I won't even pretend to know how to use strace.
The problem appears to be related to a mismatch between cygipc versions
and Postgresql versions.

Here is what I believe to be accurate:
Postgresql 7.3.2-1 works with cygipc 1.13 with the caveat of the
Fast-Switch problem
Postgresql 7.3.2.1 works with cygipc 1.14 with the caveat that it can
only be started once per WindowsOS boot.
Postgresql 7.3.3-1 appears to work correctly with cygipc 1.14.

I don't know if this is true for other OS types/versions.
I only know it is true for my machine (with the results of cygcheck in
the original post).

Thanks to both Larry Hall and Jason Tischler for getting me straightened
out.

Ken Dibble