Echo from bash disappears

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Sun Jun 8 01:43:00 GMT 2003

Marcus Vinicius Ferreira wrote:
> Hi, guys,
>

> Using Cygwin 1.3.22 on XP, bash 2.05b, I have my echo disappearing after using
> a tool like man, vim, perl -MCPAN -e "shell", mc and others.
>
> As I can notice, any tool which has some output in color messes with the bash
> shell after exiting from that tool. I can no longer see what is typed at the
> prompt.
>
> Any ideas? Orientations?

Other than <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, no.  I tried vi'ing a file
that would invoke syntax highlighting (i.e. color) from my bash prompt
and then exiting.  It worked fine.  Everything is still visible.  But
perhaps more information on your configuration and a sequence of steps
you took to reproduce the problem would be helpful for someone here to
diagnose your problem.

Holliston, MA 01746