Password not hidden

Chuck chuckh@softhome.net
Fri Jun 6 18:08:00 GMT 2003

I'm running an Oracle program called sqlplus.exe under cygwin and have
noticed a rather strange behaviour. Und cygwin, if you let it prompt you
for the password, it echoes the password back. Under the Windows command
line it does not. This started when I added the line "set CYGWIN=tty" to
the batch file that launches my cygwin ksh. I wanted that line do that ^Z
and ^D worked as they do in a unix ksh. Is there a setting that will give
me both unix control character behaviour and hide the password while it's
being entered? I've looked for documentation on the CYGWIN variable and
have only found a couple of lines at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-
env.html.

Thanks in advance.