How to diagnose Cygwin / Windows shutdown problem

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Thu Jul 24 04:14:00 GMT 2003

Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Cygwin apps don't have a Windows event handler do they?

To tell you the truth... I don't know for sure.

> The two programming models (Win32 and POSIX) are fundamentally
> different, so based on my very limited understanding, it seems that
> Cygwin itself (code in Cygwin1.dll) would have to intercept these
> OS-generated events and translate them into POSIX signals (SIGUP, say).

Makes sense to me! I would suspect that when one clicks on the close
button in the window frame that generates a Windows event that is
translated somehow to send a kill signal to the shell. If true then
there is already a mechanism for Win Event -> POSIX signal.