cygwin 1.5.0 managed mode & backward compatibility

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Thu Jul 17 14:55:00 GMT 2003

Pavel Rozenboim wrote:

> [...]

Perhaps I'm being simplistic but I can't see how Windows compatibility
could be added in terms of it displaying the unmanaged names and
understanding which name maps where.  I assume that's what you meant.
If not, please clarify.  Also, I'm not sure I understand the implication
of 'backward' in your statement, unless it was just a qualifier for
'windows'.

There's no reason that Windows applications can't work with the managed
named files of course.  At least, no reason AFAICS.

Holliston, MA 01746