Windows Security Hole??

Dennis Russo denrusso@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 01:42:00 GMT 2003

Greetings all-
   I work for a corporation that is completly incased with windows.  I
currently have Win2K installed on my pc along with cygwin.  My security
dept became aware of this and now has asked me to remove cygwin because
it represents a security breetch to the organization.  Does running
cygwin open any security 'holes' in a Win2K networked environment??  My
thinking in this matter is that any information that I send while in
cygwin would get 'encapsulated' and passed to Windows to determine what
to do with it.  Therefore, any security setting (GPOs, etc) are still
enforced.  I'm really only using it to run my perl scripts and have
access to emacs.

  Any help or insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,
dr