bufffer overflow in telnetd

Menon, Girish (MED, WIPRO-GE MED) Girish.Menon@med.ge.com
Wed Jul 16 20:46:00 GMT 2003

Thanks.
How can I verify that the patch has been applied?

And, which is the setup executable? Is it the same as iu-config?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:cgf-idd@cygwin.com]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 5:43 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: bufffer overflow in telnetd

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:30:46PM -0500, Menon, Girish (MED, WIPRO-GE
MED) wrote:
>Sorry for the really dumb question, but how to install this patch?
>Upon unzipping this bz2 file, I got a bunch of files in <directory>/usr
>and <directory>/etc. I checked the readme and saw that we need to run
>the command iu-config from the usr/bin directory. What else do I need
>do to install the patch for telnet/ftp?

You don't need to do anything but install the package via setup.
Corinna
has already patched the appropriate files.  You just have to install the
new version.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal