Cygwin apps talking to Windows browsers?

Scott W Brim swb@employees.org
Thu Jul 10 19:11:00 GMT 2003

Hi Jeff.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 11:32:59AM -0400, Jeffrey C Honig allegedly wrote:
> I use emacs under Cygwin (with Cygwin/XFree86 and/or Exceed) and would
> like to switch to using mh-e in this environment.

The last I heard getting nmh working wasn't easy.  Have you done it?

> One thing that I would like to do is to be able to click on a URL and
> have my Windows browser (in this case Opera) be told to open the page.
> Is there an app to allow this?
>
> How about an app that would allow this from emacs running on another
> host via X?

Also check out browse-url.el.  I have

  (setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-default-windows-browser)

in .emacs for windows; it could be set conditional to system type.

..Scott