cygwin 1.5.0-1 managed mount bug (?)

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Thu Jul 10 14:52:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:23:44PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> >There seems to be a slight problem with the mangling/demangling of the
> >name.
> You're right.  I know exactly what the problem is.
Great :)

> Can I make my usual grumble that this feature was available in the last
> three snapshots?
Ehm.. no?
If you want to grumble, you should have said something like "these
features are already available in the current snapshot" in your
pre-announcement. In that case, I would have tried a snapshot a while ago.
I took your pre-announcement to mean that it was the next available
version except if a checkout of CVS was done - something I didn't want to
do unless I really had to..

> It is a real shame that snapshots are so underutilized.
In that case, advertise them a bit more ;)

> If this had been noticed previously, I would have fixed it prior to
> release.
>
> Snapshots always reflect the current state of development of cygwin.
> If you are interested in playing with them, then there is no need to
> wait until a release.
The new feature came as a complete surprise to me as I'm not on
cygwin-developers and apparently no longer on cygwin-cvs (since
2003-06-21, don't know why though - one of your every-once-in-a-while
cleanups perhaps?). I took your pre-announcement to mean that it would not
be available in snapshots before the test release (as in that case I would
have expected a "please try a snapshot" message) so I didn't try them.

Ah well..

Perhaps, next time, you could be a bit more specific and I could try
snapshots a bit more often, eh?

rlc