Apache mod_ssl fork problem

andrew brian clegg a.clegg@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 16:19:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Jason Tishler wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:11:13AM +0100, andrew brian clegg wrote:

> > Thanks, I'll try it tonight when I get home. Just out of curiosity --
> > I rebased everything in /bin as well as /lib/apache, and cygssl.dll is
> > in /bin -- what does rebaseall do differently that will make it work
> > for cases where rebase didn't?
>
> See the rebase README:
>
>     http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/rebase/rebase-2.2.README

That doesn't really answer my question -- the point being that cygssl.dll
is in /bin and I rebased /bin/*.dll without getting any warnings about
dlls being in use.

Not saying that rebaseall won't work (will find out for sure when I'm at
the console, can't try it over ssh obviously!), just wondering what magic
will allow rebaseall to work on a dll that's already, apparently, been
rebased. If the problem was not actually cygssl.dll itself but another
library outside of /bin and /lib/apache that it depended on, one would
expect that to show up in the error message rather than cygssl.dll right?

Pardon me if I've missed anything in the readme that explains this
though...

Cheers,

Andrew.