help running tftpd under winXP

Rajesh Gottlieb rajesh_gottlieb@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 06:37:00 GMT 2003

I'm trying to start the tftpd under windows XP without any luck. The
cygrunsrv.exe program that installs a program as a windows service seemed to
work for me when I set up the secure shell daemon some time back, but trying
the same thing for tftpd hasn't worked. Any ideas?

here's my attempt at install'ing and start'ing the service. I don't know what
the error code from the start means.

$ cygrunsrv.exe --install=tftpd --path='C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\in.tftpd.exe'
--desc='tftp server' --args='C:\cygwin\tftpboot'

$ cygrunsrv.exe --start=tftpd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

Thanks
Raj