getopt_long behavior

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 09:19:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 01:44:52AM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>This does not invalidate the proposal "do something at link time to force
>POSIXLY_CORRECT if necessary for this app".

I don't understand what it has to do with anything.  Your proposed
change (which I've already made) will still work.  It will just require
that executables be relinked before there is any change.

To answer the question, no I don't think this calls for a binmode.o
solution.  That would just lend to exactly the kind of confusion that
Larry was cautioning against.

cgf