Starting bash in directory

Maurício briqueabraque@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 18:13:00 GMT 2003

Harald Kierer wrote:
>>   Cygwin installation creates a shortcut that runs bash like this:
>>
>>bash -i --login
>>
>>   However, I would like to start bash so that after starting
>>it would
>>go to a specific directory. For instance, I would like to run
>>something
>>like:
>>
>>bash -i --login "cd d:\users"
>>
>>so that bash would start and then execute "cd d:\users"
>>before the user
>>starts typing anything. This would be equivalent to the WinNT command:
>>
>>cmd /k "cd d:\users"
>>
>>   Do you guys know if that's possible?
>

> The bottom line of "/etc/profile" says "cd $HOME". Just change it to
> what you want.
> cd /cygdrive/d/users
>

> Bye,
>  Harry

   The problem is that I want to pass diferent directories each time. My
final intention is to create a shell extension so that users could right
click a directory and select "Open bash here". To do that, I need to
give Windows a command like this:

bash_command %1

(and Windows will change %1 for a given directory).

   Do you imagine what bash_command.bat could be so that it could
execute bash -i --login and then have it to go to the given directory?

   Maurício