Elementary Questions on Start-up & Options

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Thu Jan 23 13:11:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

At 22:14 2003-01-22, senthill wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I am newbie to Cygwin.
>
>I would like to know how to start and use startx effectively.
>
>My questions are:
>     1. The xwindows are similar to linux. Is there any options to be
>included while executing startx?
>     2. Is a login panel available and is it possible to login from neibhour
>m/c to cygwin?
>     3. Is there any possibility to have windows like or Gnome like Xwindows
>on cygwin?
>
>Looking forward to your reply.

Somehow, I doubt that...

Your message was sent to the wrong list, which I suppose is an honest
mistake, but making it a reply to Chris' announcement about the
restoration of the mail list search service is really not acceptable.

I have corrected the subject and redirected this message to the proper list.

Randall Schulz