linker can't find getsubopt()

Christopher Faylor cgf-mean@cygwin.com
Mon Jan 20 02:17:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 04:49:04PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>It appears getsubopt is in newlib, and so present in Cygwin's
><sys/unistd.h>, but not exported from cygwin1.dll
>
>One of Cygwin's core developers will need to tell us whether this is
>accidental or on purpose.

Oh, it's on purpose.  Believe me.  Caused someone some discomfort?  Then
our evil plan is succeeding.  Core developers!  Raise your glasses and
repeat after me "We are the core developers and we are MEAN!"

It's a well know fact that we put functions in unistd.h which are not
actually exported by cygwin just to tantalize and confuse people.  What
other earthly reason would we have for dangling this tempting fruit in
front of people, if not to frustrate them?

Bwahahaha.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.