please try the latest snapshot

Dan Holmsand dan@eyebee.com
Fri Jan 17 17:54:00 GMT 2003

Dan Holmsand wrote:
> Indeed it does seem to stop the BSODding on my machines. Thanks!

Still no BSOD.

However, now I'm having trouble with postgresql: the postmaster dies as
soon as I exit psql. Reverting to a cygwin1.dll built from cvs from four
days ago fixes the problem.

Here is what the postmaster.log says:

LOG:  server process (pid 1440) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed: Not
enough core

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

/dan