cygrunsrv and apache

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Jan 16 19:08:00 GMT 2003

Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> Igor,
>
>> Just for kicks, did you try starting Apache from a SYSTEM-owned
>> shell?
>> I posted instructions on how to get one to this list a couple of
>> months ago.  It'd be interesting to know whether it works.
>> Certainly would eliminate some variables from the equation (i.e.,
>> the username).
>
> I cant seem to get htdig to help me find it... It's awfully slow. I'm
> going through the archives by hand starting in October '02 so I hope
> to find it ;-)

To do it with no extra tools, you can do run "at hh:mm /interactive cmd",
with hh:mm being the next minute. Then you just have to wait for the Task
Scheduler to give you your shell when the clock ticks over.

Alternatively, http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cmdasuser is a convenient
little program, to accomplish this without the wait.

Once you have your cmd shell, just run bash, and go from there.

Max.