GCC bug with strftime

Richard Troy rtroy@sciencetools.com
Tue Jan 14 05:55:00 GMT 2003

> > of cygwin and tried again, but it's still there. So, I'd like to report
> > it. I sent mail to the gcc-bugs list but nobody there seems to care, so I
> > thought I'd mention it here.
> >
> > The problem is that this call fails to return an hour:
> >
> > strftime(IT,key,"%m/%d/%y %l:%M %p", brokentime);
>
> hmmm...
>
> Are you sure that you are not passing a 'el' instead of a capital 'eye'
>
> it is real hard to differentiate in some typefaces
>
> note: python just calls the underlying 'C' strftime() implementation
>
> HTH
>
> Norman

Thanks for the thought, Norman.

The answer is yes, I have checked. The code works in my various RedHat
environments and has been for a long time. Also capital I is not what I
need; As your example illustrated, it returns a zero padded two digit
hour, but what I want/need is a non-padded hour, two or one digit,
depending. The reason I really care is because there are two programs that
have to talk to one another, one written in C and the other in Java. It
nearly doesn't matter which is which is which, they just have to agree on
the format. All was fine until I compiled the code on my cygwin
installation.

-shrug-

Richard