insight build crashed under cygwin

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com
Mon Jan 13 03:30:00 GMT 2003

Just so you don't wait around forever for an answer to this and
become frustrated and annoyed with the list, I doubt anyone that
doesn't go through the trouble of building this cross version
of insight with a debug version of Cygwin is going to be able to
provide too much insight into this problem for you.  I could be
wrong.  However, beyond the statement that this worked for you with
Cygwin 1.3.14-1 and doesn't with 1.3.18-1, there's not much in the
way of details of your problem for anyone to even take a stab at
what the problem is that you're seeing.  If you're looking for the
quick fix, you may find that debugging this yourself gets you
further, if not providing the answer.  At least if you don't find
the problem and/or solution, you will have better information about
the issue to query the list with.  Beyond this, I can only suggest
that you look at the change logs to Cygwin between 1.3.14-1 and
1.3.18-1 and see if any of it gives you a hint that relates to your
problem.  Everything that's changed in that timeframe is documented
there.  And, of course, CVS has a record of the code changes that go
along with those records.  Then again, perhaps someone knows what
your problem is and will pop in with an answer shortly.  Could happen.
Are you a gambling man? ;-)

Good luck,

Larry