javac on cygwin

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Jan 13 03:04:00 GMT 2003

David,

Thanks for considering this.  The only real way to identify major (and
minor) issues, however, is testing, so, hopefully, people will use these
scripts.  Once they are deemed reasonably robust, it might even be worth
it to release a java wrapper package for Cygwin...

Actually, the custom java.io.File wrapper is very useful in that it's
orthogonal to the purpose of my scripts and takes care of one of the
caveats (namely, the filenames passed to Java programs).  It might be a
good idea to post that code along with the scripts (there must be some
tricks one can play with the CLASSPATH to transparently substitute the
real java.io.File with the wrapper, so the programs don't have to change).
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune