bash 2.05b-8 doesnot execute .bashrc even if HOME is defined and .bashrc is under both ~/ and /

Tianming Kong tmkong@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 03:04:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm using cygwin v1.3.18 under Windows XP
Professional. Unfortunately bash 2.05b-8 does not
exectute my startup script ~/.bashrc -- I have to
manually run it every time I start a new cygwin
window.

I defined environement variable HOME as "d:\" using
windows control panel. I also copy my .bashrc file to
cygwin / directory. None of this works.

I also tried to use it under Windows 2000
Professional. The same problem happened.

The output file from cygcheck is attached here.

Any idea what happened?

Thanks,

-Tim

http://mailplus.yahoo.com