convert microsoft .obj object to .o cygwin object???

Robert Bercik robertjbercik@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 02:54:00 GMT 2003

 Hey,

     I figured out a little workaround for the
 problem.
 gcc seems to have a problem linking to msvc .obj
 object files but not with msvc .lib library files.
 So
 all you need to do is create a library file using
 the
 command:

 LIB /OUT:foo.lib foo.obj

 and link it using gcc, just like you would your
 other
 library files. Hope this helps anyone trying to do
 something similar.

-Rob