mem allocation / heap_chunk

Fabrice Marchal fmarchal@inf.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 28 15:15:00 GMT 2003

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:

> Fabrice Marchal wrote:
>
>> Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Fabrice,
>>>
>>> It would seem that the answer is right there on the page you
>>> referenced. You can script a change to that registry entry via the
>>> Cygwin regtool script. You can do this in an install or post-install
>>> script or upon each invocation of your application, providing it's
>>> invoked via a script.
>>

>> I can write a script, but then it would require to install cygwin and
>> bash (and maybe other things) for the
>> end-user, while at the moment I just provide the cygwin.dll. I was
>> looking for something that uses the
>> cygwin_XXX API.
>

> There is no Cygwin API.  You might be able to do something with
> /proc/registry eventually.  Of course, you can always use Win32 APIs.

If I try to change the /proc/registry/.. ../Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb file, it
is an Administrator owned file and cannot be overwritten by a user. Is the
/proc/registry directory created each time a cygwin program starts?

Fabrice

Fabrice Marchal           http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~fmarchal
fabrice.marchal@ieee.org  fmarchal@inf.ethz.ch        +41-(0)1-632-56-79
ETH Zurich, Computational Science and Engineering FAX:+41-(0)1-632-17-03