IPC message queue through JNI may not work because of java exec !

gilles bourgeois gbourgeois@yaccom.com
Fri Feb 28 10:33:00 GMT 2003

Hi folks,
I have a java graphical debugging tool which communicates with
a  process  (written in C)

both shall communicate through IPC message queue (historic : the tools where
running under solaris)

The point is :
>From java side, ipc message queue is created with the help of a native dll
beeing accessed through JNI
from c side, the running process bind to the IPC queue and read data, this
is OK if the process is ***launched from a cygwin shell***
(with or without gbd)

BUT : if the running process is launched from java (within a
System.exec(PROCESS)), the C-process CANNOT bind to the IPC queue!!
I think my process does not share the same environment or what ?

if someone got an idea about this ?, I may use another solution before going
through a socket solution...

thanks
gilles