Mounting Drives

Henry Holland hjholland@gmx.net
Fri Feb 21 13:33:00 GMT 2003

I saw a suggestion somewhere:

Create a folder on the cygwin drive for the drive you want to access,
e.g.
$ cd /
$ mkdir d

for the d:\ drive. Then mount /cygdrive/d/ on that folder:

$ mount d:/ /d
$ cd d

ls should then give you a listing of your d:/ drive. I just tried it and
it seems to work. To unmount it use:

$ umount d:/

Hope this helps.

Henry