g++ and "undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'"

Reimann, Peter Peter.Reimann@deu.xerox.com
Tue Feb 18 16:49:00 GMT 2003

Hallo,

I use cygwin (cygwin1.dll -> 1.3.20) with win2000professionell, gettext and
libintl2 0.11.5-1, g++ (GCC) 3.2 20020927 (prerelease).
If I try to compile a little program (below class DCError is a part of it)
that use localizations I get errors for all dgettext, bindtextdomain an so
on.

DCError.o(.text+0x25d8):DCError.cc: undefined reference to
`libintl_dgettext'

I tried several options like
--disable-nls
--with-included-gettext
-static
-mno-cygwin

but always it is the same error. What is my fault? The same code works fine
on solaris!

Thanks for your help.

Peter

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or relevant Xerox entity named above.  If you are not the named or intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.