cron - Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:

Harig, Mark A. maharig@idirect.net
Fri Feb 14 20:47:00 GMT 2003

Yes, that's unusual.  I think I'll leave out a check for this problem at
this time.  I wonder if anyone knows of a general purpose tool for
checking the validity or sanity of the /etc/group and /etc/passwd files?

Have you tried adding 'SYSTEM' to group 544 via the /etc/group file?