some probelms about in porting from Linux to windows

fengrui@Legend.com fengrui@Legend.com
Wed Feb 12 13:22:00 GMT 2003

Hi all:

    I'm porting some programs from linux to windows using cygwin. Cygwin is
really a great software, which reduce a great deal of my work.

    I have occured some problems. In my program, I use some config files,
whose path like "/etc/**.d/**.conf". Of course I can use windows path
pattern like "c:\\cygwin\etc\**.d\**.conf". But I wonder if there has some
methods which can set root path ("/") of my program, so I can still use the
linux path pattern like "/etc/**.d/**.conf" only with cygwin1.dll in
release evrionment, which is to say,  in a compute whose OS is windows
without installing cygwin, just copied to cygwin1.dll.

   Who can give me some advice? Can it do work if I set the registry table
:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/

   Thanks in advance.