problem with cygwin:login

lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com
Mon Feb 10 19:56:00 GMT 2003

You'll find this subject comes up with some regularity.  See the email
archives for more details.  Generally speaking, 'login' is not meant to
be used directly by the user from Cygwin.  Use OpenSSH or telnet (for
example) if you just want to "login" to Cygwin locally or remotely.

Larry

Original Message:
-----------------
From: lu fang hello_kaguya@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:09:53 +0000
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: problem with cygwin:login

Hi, all
I have problem in using "login" under cygwin. I installed cygwin under
windows2000. And when I tried to login into cygwin, I used the same
username and paasword as I log in to my nt machine.But it always failed. So
how to fix the problem here? I have tried to installed ntsec under NT and
set system var CYGWIN=ntsec, and I try to log in as nt username and
password again, still incorrect. what is the problem then? Really hope to
get helps! thanks a lot!

lufang