vim can't handle DOS line endings in .vimrc (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-6.1.300-1)

Sun Feb 9 22:46:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:25:39PM -0800, Shankar Unni wrote:
> I've just updated to the latest everything (cygwin 1.3.20, vim 6.1.300-1).
> I normally leave the CYGWIN env var undefined (i.e. cygwin defaults).
> Vim now complains about my .vimrc file (which has DOS line endings).

Change it to UNIX lineendings.  I'm surprised that it worked for you
with 6.1-2 (must be a pure coincidence since it doesn't work for me
with 6.1-2) since it was never supported at least since 6.0.  This is
a decision of Bram Moolenaar, the original developer and upstream
maintainer of vim and I'm in total agreement with him.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.