rsh: connection refused.

lu fang hello_kaguya@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 12:39:00 GMT 2003

Hi, all
I want to use CVS/SSH on windows2000. I have installed CVS under cygwin.
and I set
export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=":ext:username@host:/var/cvs"
but when I try to connect to my cvs repository, I always got the error msg:

ssh : connection to host refused. connection failed.

Then I go to cvs connection troubleshooting page, i type
rsh hostname cvs -v
I still got the error :
    hostname :connection refused

rsh.exe: can't establish connection

I can install CVSNT directly under the win2k OS successfully, but why got
problem when i set up under cygwin? It seems that I only can use local
protocol for the cvs under cygwin, others(SSH and pserver) keeps failed.
Always got "connection refused".

Anyone can tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks a lot!

kaguya