bash & $PS1 (display error)

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sat Feb 1 19:01:00 GMT 2003

At 10:15 2003-02-01, Rolf Campbell wrote:
> [...]

Rolf,

That's hardly surprising. I assumed you encountered the problem because
you were working in a deeply nested directory with a very long absolute
name. To me, even modest-length directory names are intrusive when
included in the shell prompt, which is why I offered my alternative. Do
you just want to have an incredibly long prompt?

Randall Schulz