/usr/bin/tclsh84

Jonathan Larmour jifl@eCosCentric.com
Sat Feb 1 16:17:00 GMT 2003

Chris Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 03:13:47AM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>>Ah another day another tclsh.
>
> Ah, another hour, another tcl/tk whinge.

:-).

>>Even if it's only a soft link to the most recently installed tclshNN
>>(like RPM post-install scripts do for the linux kernel etc.).  I know
>>cygwin has got post-install scripts, so any reason not to?
>
> I don't know what post-install scripts have to do with anything but I'll
> add symbolic links to everything in the cygwin tcl release if it stops
> just one of these tcl/tk complaints.

This one should be easy to stop at least :).

Well the idea is that every time a new tcl package installs it runs: "ln
-sf tclsh84 /usr/bin/tclsh" in a postinstall stage, substituting for
whatever tcl version it is.

Or you could include the symlink directly in the tarball^Wcygwin package
if it can cope with that, and you never expect people to have two tcl
versions installed at the same time causing a conflict. But I guess you
don't since /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh also exists without version suffix.

Anyway, whichever. As long as /usr/bin/tclsh ends up pointing to any
installed tclsh version, I'm not fussy.

Is the attached patch sufficient? Is anything required to ensure it
doesn't get lost in subsequent imports?

Jifl