Problem with pthreads and signaling, behavior broken...

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed Dec 10 03:49:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:51:48PM +0000, Marcus Van Der Beek wrote:
>i tried the code you provided, it does resolve the issue, however why do
>we need to change the test?

Let me say it again:  I don't see the problem either with my changes or
without it.  I just didn't see any good reason to go on creating threads
after a signal has been received which the original code did.  The usual
effect of hitting CTRL-C is for the program to start shutting down rather
than running at full speed for a while and then eventually dying minutes
later.

My code clearly demonstrates that CTRL-C is being handled.  That's basically
what I care about.

cgf