configure error message

linda w cygwin@tlinx.org
Sun Dec 7 00:57:00 GMT 2003

I'm guessing I don't have something setup quite correctly.  I'm trying
to build the dictd package
under cygwin.

it uses configure, but configure starts out with an error.

checking host system type...
 Invalid configuration `i686-pc-cygwin': system `cygwin' not recognized
---

    Is this something I should fix before attempting to debug later
problems?

    Seems, looking at files like 'config.sub', that it knows about
i[345]86, but not 686's....
Strange.  I've never written anything using config/autoconf, only
compiled things...never
seen this type of error before.

Thanks,
(no stories)
-linda

--
---
Capitalism:   The rewarding of software companies for producing software