cron and network drives

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Fri Aug 15 22:45:00 GMT 2003

Larry Hall wrote:

> Hard to say exactly with the information given.  My WAG is that the
> user from whom you're running the cron job for is logged in and
> authenticated by Windows on the second machine when cron runs but not
> on the first machine.

Only one user is in use on both machines. In fact I accessed both
machines using remote desktop logged in as that user. The crontab is
that same user, etc.

> This is assuming the share is not public, which would mean you have a
> completely different (network) problem on the first machine.

Could you please describe exactly what is a "public" share, what is not
a public share (I assume that would be a private share) and how does one
tell the difference? Also, assuming that in the case that works it works
because it's a public share and in the case that doesn't work it fails
because it's a private share then how do I go about changing the private
share to a public share?

Thanks.