I need an older Version of PostgreSQL, 7.2x or 7.1x

Philipp Appelhoff Philipp.Appelhoff@unibw-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 12 17:56:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

Working around with a Java Framework, trying to connect to a Postgres
DB, but PostgreSQL is changed since version 7.3 That version was
running, but I uninstalled with CygWin setup.

I tried to install an older one by hand, but that doesn´t work. Are
there any older versions available for CygWin over mirrors or however?
Second possibility should be:

Tried to install 7.1.3 from source with

./configure # seems to run fine
Make # had a lot of strange output like
heaptuple.c: In function `heap_freetuple':
heaptuple.c:734: `MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF' undeclared (first use in this
function)
heaptuple.c: In function `heap_addheader':
heaptuple.c:760: `MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make[4]: *** [heaptuple.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend/access/common'
make[3]: *** [common-recursive] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend/access'
make[2]: *** [access-recursive] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/postgresql-7.1.3/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Same as "make install" afterwards. Finally it did not work.

Can I install it under Cygwin that way? How?

Thanks,

Philipp.