perl -MCPAN -e shell crashes w98se

Steve Coleman steve.coleman@jhuapl.edu
Tue Aug 5 22:02:00 GMT 2003

Graham Lamont wrote:

>perl -MCPAN -e shell
>

>Anybody experience similar ?

I've been having problems with the latest version of Perl (5.8.0-3)
while running/installing from CPAN on WinME. Using the previous version
(5.6.1-2) seems to work fine for me when installing from CPAN. I'm not
sure about what is causing your problems but mine were from dll's having
errors, and 'rebaseall' did not seem to help any. I just reverted to the
older version until someone can figure this out or a new version comes
out with the 64 bit stuff. If I find the time I will try building perl
myself and look into this further, unfortunately my WinME system is
'remote' and one 'hang' means try again tomorrow....

You can message me off line if there are any specific questions on this.